Monday 28 June 2010

Help! I need a girl's birthday gift, now!

This Friday evening I panicked. I suddenly remembered that my daughter had a birthday party to attend the next morning. And we were going out that evening. And I had forgotten to buy a gift.

Yes, in the past, I must confess, I have grabbed the newest looking book off my children's bookshelf and wrapped it. But this party was for my daughter's best friend, and I couldn't get away with something, well, less than the best. Knowing the birthday girl is feminine and loves vintage dresses and hair accessories, I went online and found a great, easy (and free) fabric rosette pattern.



In the morning, I spent twenty minutes over breakfast making the rosettes, and then attached them to one of my daughter's pink headbands. Popped into a pretty gift bag with some tissue paper and sparkly sprinkles, it made a gorgeous, handmade gift (that would have cost a lot of money at an uptown boutique).


So if you have a girl's gift emergency, here is the pattern for the rosettes. If you don't have a headband handy, you could attach them to a hair elastic, or you could sew a little square purse and attach them to that. They make anything fabulous.

I shared this on
The Girl Creative Making Keeping It Simple  BWS tips button  UndertheTableandDreaming   Simpsonized Crafts

8 comments:

The Autocrat: Haley said...

LOL on the story! The headband turned out fabulous!!

Mad in Crafts said...

Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

madincrafts.blogspot.com

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Great save! My kids knew I could always come up with something in a pinch, just like you! The rosette headband is much nicer than a gift you bought, too!

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

that is way cute and quick thinking on your part.

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

Those flowers are pretty!! Good thinking!

Amy said...

i just love these rosettes, and i think a homemade gift is the best!!
lol at your used book confession, been there done that!:)
thanks for linking up to "AP Tuesdays~"

jen said...

As great as the homemade rosettes are (and they are great, don't get me wrong), I am so happy to hear someone else forgets to buy birthday gifts.
Glad I found you over at New Nostalgia!
I'm a new follower, and I'm adding you to my blog list so I can learn more about your corner of the world.

AUDRA said...

So cute and great gift idea!

Thanks for Socializing with me Monday til Sunday!

Hope to see you this week! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Rankings

Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Rankings
 
Web Analytics