Well, I did it! Yesterday I had hoped to improve my bad day with a project in the evening, but I ended up going to bed. This morning I woke up, the sun was shining and my Vanessa Christenson pattern was waiting for me in my inbox. What a great way to start the day! As soon as the kids were off to school, I cleared a space at the kitchen table and began.
I dug around in my scrap basket and found this gorgeous coarse weave fabric. Just enough!
Because it is an upholstery fabric, it has its own stiffness and didn't need interfacing.
Vanessa's pattern was incredibly easy to follow. I bought it in her shop, and I feel it was well worth $7. This bag was so easy to make, I am going to run up a few to keep for gifts (and hey, I may even sell some on Etsy!)
By 11am I had made the lining, the outer and the handle. Then I made a mistake, and sewed the lining together with the outer, with the handle on the wrong side. So I had to unpick it and fix!! Despite this little problem, I had finished the main bag by 12pm and just had the flower to do.
The bag is lovely without a flower, but it needs it to add that extra style...
I am thrilled with the result! The next one will be in creams. I reckon I will be able to make one in an hour now that I have the hang of it.
It certainly made me feel better about today - I have accomplished something...now for that sunshine.